What causes late adult onset myopia?

All types of myopia, regardless of the age it starts, cause blurry vision for things far away. The size and shape of your eye changes how light is refracted or reflected on the back of your eye. Myopia tends to run in families.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...