Can medications be used to treat low myopia?

Medications are not use to treat low myopia symptoms. Although some medicated eyes drops are used to treat other types of refractive error such as pseudomyopia. Chronic use of medicated eye drops can increase the risk for eye infection. Allergic reaction to medicated eye drops can also develop.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...