Are there alternative treatments for curvature myopia?

Using eye glasses or contacts are the least expensive treatment for curvature myopia. Unlike surgery that reshapes the cornea, eye glasses and contacts are non-evasive treatments that use lens to counter the shape of the cornea. Eye glasses use larger lens and eye glass frames while contacts are small, flexible lens that sit on the cornea. Curvature myopia glasses and contact are prescribed, based on a diagnosis from your doctor or opthamologist.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...