What is a community-associated MRSA infection?

Sharine Forbes
Geriatric Medicine

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA is an infection, which is associated to be cause by strain of staph bacteria that becomes immune to the effects of antibiotics. It can prove to be deadly if doctors are unable to develop a plan of action to weaken the strength of the MRSA infection and stop it from spreading. 

Continue Learning about MRSA

How can my having MRSA affect my new baby while we are in the hospital?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you are colonized or infected with MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, health...
How can MRSA affect me and my new baby?
MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, germs can affect you in two ways: Active inf...
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?
What Is MRSA?
What Is MRSA?