What is a community-associated MRSA infection?

Sharine Forbes
Geriatric Medicine

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA is an infection, which is associated to be cause by strain of staph bacteria that becomes immune to the effects of antibiotics. It can prove to be deadly if doctors are unable to develop a plan of action to weaken the strength of the MRSA infection and stop it from spreading. 

Continue Learning about MRSA

How do I prevent getting or spreading MRSA?
There are things you can do to help methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) from spreadin...
How can I protect myself when caring for someone who has MRSA?
Hand washing is one of the most important things a person can do to prevent spread of any illness ca...
Don’t Let Childhood Cuts Turn into a MRSA Infection
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?