Be careful taking ferrous sulfate with vitamins and other supplements. Read all the labels carefully and watch for duplicate ingredients. After you take an iron supplement, wait about two hours. Then, you can safely take any kind of vitamin, mineral or supplement. Or, you can take a vitamin or mineral two hours before taking ferrous salt. You may even be at risk of an overdose if there is iron in the othe supplement or vitamin.
- Q Is it safe for breastfeeding women to take ferrous salt?
- Q Can ferrous sulfate improve my health?
- Q What should I know before taking ferrous sulfate with folic acid?
- Q How does ferrous sulfate affect how epoetin works?
- Q Can my diet affect how ferrous sulfate works?
- Q Can pregnant women take ferrous sulfate?