Be careful taking ferrous sulfate with vitamins and other supplements. Read all the labels carefully and watch for duplicate ingredients. After you take an iron supplement, wait about two hours. Then, you can safely take any kind of vitamin, mineral or supplement. Or, you can take a vitamin or mineral two hours before taking ferrous salt. You may even be at risk of an overdose if there is iron in the othe supplement or vitamin.
- Q Should I talk with my doctor before taking ferrous sulfate?
- Q Can taking ferrous sulfate prevent anemia in pregnant women?
- Q How much ferrous sulfate should I take?
- Q What are the side effects of ferrous sulfate with folic acid?
- Q Who should not take ferrous sulfate?
- Q Who should take ferrous sulfate?