Be careful taking ferrous sulfate with vitamins and other supplements. Read all the labels carefully and watch for duplicate ingredients. After you take an iron supplement, wait about two hours. Then, you can safely take any kind of vitamin, mineral or supplement. Or, you can take a vitamin or mineral two hours before taking ferrous salt. You may even be at risk of an overdose if there is iron in the othe supplement or vitamin.
- Q Can ferrous sulfate improve my health?
- Q Are different kinds of ferrous sulfate available?
- Q What are the minor side effects of ferrous sulfate?
- Q What should I know before taking ferrous sulfate with folic acid?
- Q Can pregnant women take ferrous sulfate?
- Q What should I do if I take too much ferrous sulfate?