Be careful taking ferrous sulfate with vitamins and other supplements. Read all the labels carefully and watch for duplicate ingredients. After you take an iron supplement, wait about two hours. Then, you can safely take any kind of vitamin, mineral or supplement. Or, you can take a vitamin or mineral two hours before taking ferrous salt. You may even be at risk of an overdose if there is iron in the othe supplement or vitamin.
- Q Will ferrous sulfate interact with other medications?
- Q What are the side effects of ferrous sulfate with folic acid?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of ferrous sulfate?
- Q Can any health conditions affect how ferrous sulfate works?
- Q How does ferrous sulfate affect how epoetin works?
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of ferrous sulfate?