What is applied behavioral analysis (ABA) therapy?

Applied behavior analysis refers to the direct application of the principles of behavior modification in natural environments such as home, school, and community. ABA uses behavioral principles to improve the individual’s ability to participate effectively in various situations.

Source: Center for Autism & Related Disabilities (CARD)

Continue Learning about Mental Health Therapies

“Shock Therapy” Isn’t What You Think It Is
The term “shock therapy” may conjure images of a painful or barbaric treatment, but this common misconception, which has been partly fueled by inaccur...
Does mental health therapy include behavioral therapy?
Behavioral therapy is a form of mental health therapy, specifically, psychotherapy. It focuses on le...
What is the difference between virtual and face-to-face therapy sessions?
Julie Hanks, PhD, LCSW, Social HealthMakerJulie Hanks, PhD, LCSW, Social HealthMaker
While there’s nothing like sitting face-to-face with a client, video sessions, chat and email counse...
How Can I Use Positive Thought to Get What I Want?