What is applied behavioral analysis (ABA) therapy?

Applied behavior analysis refers to the direct application of the principles of behavior modification in natural environments such as home, school, and community. ABA uses behavioral principles to improve the individual’s ability to participate effectively in various situations.

Source: Center for Autism & Related Disabilities (CARD)

Continue Learning about Mental Health Therapies

Who practices mental health therapies?
Dr. Julie Hanks, PhD, LCSW, Social HealthMakerDr. Julie Hanks, PhD, LCSW, Social HealthMaker
Mental health therapy can be performed by various health and mental health disciplines. The importan...
How can community support help a person with mental illness?
Medical City McKinneyMedical City McKinney
For any successful mental health treatment, the basic component is a close relationship with provide...
What to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist Visit
What to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist Visit
Learn the questions you should ask, the tests you might have, whether you'll be put on medication—and more.
What Can I Do If I Get a Song Stuck in My Head That Won’t Stop Repeating?