What are common complications of circumcision?

Jennifer S. Singer, MD
Urology
There are some common complications of circumcision, such as:
  • Penile adhesions: The foreskin will adhere to the glans penis. This can be avoided with proper care: pushing back on the foreskin during the early time period after the circumcision is performed.
  • Penile skin bridges: This is where the foreskin will form a bridge to the head of the penis. This can cause some tethering and pain with erection.

Continue Learning about Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health

How Dads May Increase Their Kids’ Health Risks
Mila Kunis couldn’t contain herself after late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said, “My wife and I are pregnant.” “Oh,” she said to him, “you’re both having ...
What lifestyle changes can men make for healthier sperm?
Men can make the following lifestyle changes for healthier sperm: Stop smoking. Nicotine reduces...
Can blood pressure medications cause erectile dysfunction?
Adam Perzin, MDAdam Perzin, MD
Medications used to treat high blood pressure can contribute to erectile dysfunction. One of the fir...
Is There a Standard Test for Low Testosterone?