What are common complications of circumcision?

Jennifer S. Singer, MD
Urology
There are some common complications of circumcision, such as:
  • Penile adhesions: The foreskin will adhere to the glans penis. This can be avoided with proper care: pushing back on the foreskin during the early time period after the circumcision is performed.
  • Penile skin bridges: This is where the foreskin will form a bridge to the head of the penis. This can cause some tethering and pain with erection.

Continue Learning about Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health

How Dads May Increase Their Kids’ Health Risks
Mila Kunis couldn’t contain herself after late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said, “My wife and I are pregnant.” “Oh,” she said to him, “you’re both having ...
What is a sperm bank?
A sperm bank is a place where a fertile man can store a sample of his sperm for future use in insemi...
Can male infertility be hereditary?
Mounting evidence suggests that male infertility may be added to the growing list of adult diseases ...
How Effective Are the Medications Used to Treat Erectile Dysfunction?