Can smoking and drinking affect my sperm?

Skip the drinks and smokes. Smoking tobacco is harmful to male fertility. It can cut your sperm count by 13% to 17% and increases the risk of genetic abnormalities, so it's best to quit smoking. There's evidence that marijuana is also bad news. More than one beer, glass of wine, or cocktail a day also messes with sperm quality. After two drinks, sperm get mixed up and travel in weird directions.

Continue Learning about Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health

How Dads May Increase Their Kids’ Health Risks
Mila Kunis couldn’t contain herself after late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said, “My wife and I are pregnant.” “Oh,” she said to him, “you’re both having ...
What are the risks of the different types of clamps used for circumcisions?
Jennifer S. Singer, MDJennifer S. Singer, MD
Different types of clamps used for circumcision contain different risks -- but there tends to be no ...
What is the relationship between infertility and prostate diseases?
Some studies suggest there is a link between infertility and prostate diseases. A recent study found...
Can Erectile Dysfunction Be Prevented?
Can Erectile Dysfunction Be Prevented?