What should I ask my oncologist about stage IV melanoma?

If you have stage IV melanoma, you want to understand the makeup of your melanoma. In this video, Philip Friedlander, MD, an oncologist at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, also says you want to know what options there are for treatment.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

5 Different Skin Spots and What They May Mean
The statistics on skin cancer are shocking: More than 1 in 5 Americans will develop it by age 70, and more than one person dies of skin cancer—usually...
How does melanoma spread?
Ross M. Levy, MDRoss M. Levy, MD
The ability of a melanoma to spread is dependent on a number of factors, some of which we know a...
How common is melanoma?
More than 53,000 people are diagnosed with melanoma every year in the United States. The number of n...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?