Can children get acral lentiginous melanoma?

Any kind of melanoma is very rare among children, and this is true for acral lentiginous melanoma as well. Usually, older people are affected by this condition - the median age is 65 years old. It may be possible for younger people to develop acral lentiginous melanoma, but this is usually not the case.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Does Where You Live Affect Your Melanoma Risk?
Worried about skin cancer? If you’re debating whether to wear a hat or apply sunscreen before heading outside—go ahead and do it. A 2020 study in the ...
Can I develop melanoma on parts of my body that do not get sun?
While it's most common for melanomas to develop on areas of skin that are exposed to the sun, it's p...
What is the survival rate for melanoma of the foot?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Since melanoma of the foot is usually noticed late by patients, and more likely to be misdiagnos...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?