Can children get acral lentiginous melanoma?

Any kind of melanoma is very rare among children, and this is true for acral lentiginous melanoma as well. Usually, older people are affected by this condition - the median age is 65 years old. It may be possible for younger people to develop acral lentiginous melanoma, but this is usually not the case.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How does melanoma affect the body?
Jill Onesti, MDJill Onesti, MD
Melanoma is a cancer that begins in the skin. If caught at an early stage, removal of the melanoma c...
What are the different types of melanoma?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The most common form of melanoma is superficial spreading. It represents 70% of all cases as it spre...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?