What are the advantages of using massage to treat pain?

Gerald M. Silverman
Chiropractic Medicine
The ability of targeted tissue massage as a therapy to disrupt adhesions, relax muscle spasm, increase blood flow, and release natural pain blockers is well documented. General massage usually feels good, and although that is a worthwhile benefit in itself, most "relaxing" massage techniques have no proven therapeutic value. The significant advantages of massage are that it can be done at home and on your schedule, it is not time consuming, there are few side effects, and the cost is low.
Your Miraculous Back: A Step-By-Step Guide to Relieving Neck & Back Pain

Many of us complain about our 'bad back,' but this book argues that our backs are, without exception, amazing examples of bioengineering, capable of dramatic feats of strength, flexibility, and...

Continue Learning about Massage Therapy

What is sports massage?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
Sports massage is a hands-on technique used to:recover from strenuous activityrehabilitate from an i...
Should massage be a part of my health and fitness program?
Jeremiah Forster, NASM Elite TrainerJeremiah Forster, NASM Elite Trainer
For the lucky few regular massages by trained professionals is second to none.  But for most of us w...
Is Traditional Thai Massage Safe?
Is Traditional Thai Massage Safe?
How Do I Foam Roll My Hamstrings?
How Do I Foam Roll My Hamstrings?