What is an anecdotal report?

An anecdotal report is an incomplete description of the medical and treatment history of one or more patients. Anecdotal reports may be published in places other than peer-reviewed, scientific journals.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Medical Records

Smart Ways to Use Your Medical Records
Smart Ways to Use Your Medical Records
The same law that protects the privacy of your medical records, known as HIPAA, also gives you access to your medical records. That means you can requ...
What is the training for the people involved in managing my health records?
American Health Information Management Assoc.American Health Information Management Assoc.
Typically, the people who are responsible for the oversight and management of all patient health rec...
What are the benefits of having direct access to my health records?
ONC Consumer eHealth & Blue ButtonONC Consumer eHealth & Blue Button
Having direct access to your health records via an electronic health record (EHR) enables you to kee...
What Are Some Body Numbers I Should Know About Myself?