What should I pack for myself during my child's hospital stay?

There are three things you should pack for yourself when you're taking your child to the hospital:

• Bring a notebook to write down the names and titles of your health care team and details about tests, medications, and procedures. This will let you keep everything in one place. It’s also a good way to start a detailed medical record for your child if you don’t have one yet.
  • Bring your cell phone, charged up, of course.
  • Bring your own favorite pillow or throw or anything that will help you sleep at night.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

Take the RealAge Test!

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

Choosing a Dentist You'll Want to See (Again and Again)
Maybe you've recently moved, or your old dentist retired, or you've had a bad dental office experience. Whatever the reason, you're on the hunt for a ...
When is the best time of day to schedule a doctor's appointment?
If you're not a morning person, try to repent. Whenever you book a doctor's appointment, always try ...
7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need
7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need
Why Do People Avoid Going to the Doctor?