Are there safeguards against the overuse of antibiotics in hospitals?

Lisa Dumkow, PharmD
Pharmacy Specialist

There are safeguards against the overuse of antibiotics in hospitals. As of 2017, all hospitals are now required to have antimicrobial resistance teams to monitor and reduce antimicrobial usage.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site.  In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

Give Your Doctor The News -- Accurately
Give Your Doctor The News -- Accurately
When Robert Palmer sings “Doctor, Doctor, give me the news,” you know he’s gonna get diagnosed with a bad case of the romantic blues. But most of the ...
How can I get more information about my diagnosis?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Education is the key to understanding a diagnosis, medical tests and treatment plans. Closely review...
Know Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Know Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Get tips for what you should do to prepare for a colonoscopy, and learn what to expect during and after your procedure from Dr. Oz.
Be a Proactive Patient
Be a Proactive Patient