What points should I consider when choosing a healthcare provider?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
It is essential that the patient find a board certified physician in the specialty needed. Other important considerations include years in practice, malpractice record, specialization, and hospital affiliations. Consider bringing a checklist with questions with you to the consultation. Never take your health care for granted. If you still have questions, consider a second opinion.
Dr. John J. Connolly
Healthcare Insurance & Policy
When you consider choosing a healthcare provider, their training is of paramount importance. For a physician it is very important that he/she be Board Certified in the specialty of practice. That does not guarantee an excellent physician, but it does assure you that the doctor has been trained appropriately.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

what er docs want you to know
what er docs want you to know
no one wants to end up in the emergency room . but , sometimes , accidents happen . these tips from emergency room doctor jonathon pangia , do , from ...
will i have to see a primary care provider for referrals to specialists ?
Dr. John J. ConnollyDr. John J. Connolly
Most health plans will require a referral from a primary care specialist before seeing another speci...
when is urgent care the best option for my child ?
Urgent care is the best option for your child if your child has an acute illness and you feel he or ...
how can i get support when my child is hospitalized ?
Plan ahead and reach out to family and friends. Take them up on their offers to help (if they didn’t...