How should I clean an inhaler spacer?

Clean your press-and-breathe inhaler and spacer at least once a week to help keep medication from building up on them.

Clean the inhaler thoroughly and frequently:
  1. Remove the metal canister and cleanse the plastic case and cap by rinsing thoroughly in warm, running water. Be sure to clear medication build-up from the spray nozzle.
  2. Thoroughly dry the plastic case and cap.
  3. Gently replace the canister in the case with a twisting motion, and put the cap back on the mouthpiece.
Clean the spacer before the first use and regularly after that: All spacers need to be cleaned regularly. Check the packaging information of your spacer. Different spacers have slightly different instructions for cleaning.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

6 Emergency Room Secrets
6 Emergency Room Secrets
No one looks forward to a trip to the ER. And as an ER doctor, there’s nothing better than making a patient’s diagnosis and seeing her feel better aft...
How can I ensure my important documents are properly stored offline?
EverplansEverplans
If you are going to store your important information and documents offline, here are some tips: ...
Know Before You Go: Nutritionist
Know Before You Go: NutritionistKnow Before You Go: NutritionistKnow Before You Go: NutritionistKnow Before You Go: Nutritionist
A food diary can help you get the most from your visit with a dietitian or nutritionist. Check out these smart ways to log what you eat.
Why Is It Important to Take Notes During My Doctor's Visit?