How can I determine if a doctor will be easy to reach by phone or e-mail?

Dr. John J. Connolly
Healthcare Insurance & Policy
It is often difficult to reach a doctor for a phone call. They are often busy with other patients and you may end up talking with an office nurse. More and more doctors are responding to patient e-mails. However, doctors do not get compensated for phone calls and e-mails and that is often why they prefer to see you in person. Also, your appearance can tell a good deal about your health status that is not discernable in a phone call or e-mail. Accurate diagnoses are better made in-person than by phone or Internet.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

Pay Attention to Your Pills
Pay Attention to Your Pills
When the Visagoths pillaged Rome in 410 AD, they ravaged the once mighty Empire and caused alarm all around the Mediterranean. Today’s pill-aging (too...
How can researching medical studies help find a good specialist?
One insider way to find the physicians who are the field-leading specialists in the specific health ...
7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need
7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need7 Health Tests You Probably Don’t Need
Why Is It Important to Take Notes During My Doctor's Visit?