How can I improve my memory daily?

Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Preventive Medicine
Try these tips: -- Exercise your brain through challenges like crossword puzzles. -- Reduce stress, and get seven to eight hours of sleep a night. -- Establish patterns to your daily routines. -- Put items you need regularly, such as keys or cell phones, in the same place. -- Keep a daily calendar of obligations.
Natasha Turner, ND
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

You can increase your intake of good fats by taking fish oil supplements daily (be sure to select a reputable, high quality brand). Fish oils are useful for treating depression, memory loss and anxiety. Another remedy that is simple to apply is good nutrition. A diet high in green leafy vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and other sources of B and C vitamins and folic acid is an effective way to improve cognitive health. You should also manage your homocysteine levels, which has been linked to Alzheimer’s as well as heart disease and osteoporosis. To keep these levels at bay, select a vitamin combination containing folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and trimethylglycine. Vinpocetine and PQQ with Coenzyme Q10 are natural supplements that have been shown to improve memory and cognition. And finally, engage in brain boosting activities such as a crossword daily.

Continue Learning about Managing Changes Due To Aging

Why is muscle weakness dangerous to older people?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
It is widely held that we inevitably begin sliding down a very slippery slope along which increasing...
How can I help my aging parent stay warmer?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
Some strategies to help your aging parent stay warmer include keeping the thermostat between 68 ...
What can I do to attain an optimal aging?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
The concept of Optimal Aging is a fairly new idea that has recently emerged in the medical community...
How Important Are My Genes In the Aging Process?