Can the antioxidant lycopene reduce my risk for a heart attack?

One specific antioxidant -- lycopene -- seems to play a powerful part in reducing the risk for a heart attack. Research studies showed that men who had the highest amount of lycopene in their body fat were half as likely to suffer a heart attack than those with the least amount.

Continue Learning about Lycopene

What is the best way to take lycopene?
The best way to take lycopene is through consuming a variety of fruits, vegetables. Lycopene bec...
Why should I eat more lycopene?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Research has shown that one particular antioxidant -- lycopene -- may play a powerful part in reduci...
What is lycopene used for?
Lycopene is an antioxidant used in the body primarily to fight the cell damage caused by free ra...
What's the Best Way to Eat Tomatoes to Get the Most Lycopene?