How can I keep my lupus in remission?

Suhail Kumar, MD
Rheumatology

Remission in lupus can be maintained by multiple techniques.  Eating healthy, protecting against sun exposure, avoiding environmental toxins, maintaining a low stress level, getting plenty of rest, and avoiding certain medications like sulfa drugs can all help in keeping lupus in remission.

Continue Learning about Lupus

What You Need to Know About Lupus
What You Need to Know About Lupus
Celebrities like Selena Gomez have revealed that they have lupus—and while the condition is relatively rare, it affects about 1.5 million people in th...
How can I prevent lupus?
At this time, it's not possible to prevent systemic lupus erythematous (SLE). Scientists don't yet k...
What should I know to care for someone with lupus fog?
Debra GiustoDebra Giusto
When a person with Lupus has an episode of "lupus fog" it is a very trying time for that person. Dur...
What Is Lupus Nephritis?
What Is Lupus Nephritis?