How can I prevent lupus?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

No specific cause for lupus has been found, so there is no known way to prevent the onset of the disease. Doctors believe the disease is tied to genetics and triggered by one's environment. There may be multiple genes that determine a person's likelihood of contracting the disease. Researchers are trying to discover the exact genes involved in hopes of someday curing the illness or preventing it altogether.

Continue Learning about Lupus

my story : trachele and lupus
my story : trachele and lupus
not knowing what the condition was , trachele was terrified when she got her lupus diagnosis . in this video , she shares her journey of understanding...
what are the symptoms of lupus nephritis ?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Lupus nephritis is a kind of lupus-related kidney disease that affects the kidneys and can result in...
what is neonatal lupus ?
Neonatal lupus is an uncommon autoimmune disease that occurs in infants. "Autoimmune" means that you...
is there only one form of lupus ?
When most people refer to lupus, they mean systemic lupus. This is the most common form and refers t...