How can I floss my teeth if I have Parkinson's disease?

Buy dental floss “swords” that look like the letter “C,” with floss stretched tight across, at the end of a plastic toothpick. Available in drugstores and grocery stores, they let you floss with one hand. The water action of a WaterPik will massage your gums and rinse food debris from your mouth. (It takes some dexterity to use a WaterPik, so if you have tremors, you might want to stick to rinsing with a sip of water or mouthwash and using dental floss “swords.”). You can get electric flossers as well. Check your local pharmacy for options.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Living With Parkinson's Disease

How can I alter my clothing if I have Parkinson's disease?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
If you have Parkinson’s disease, dressing aids and simple clothing adaptations can make getting ...
How can I make staying at a hotel easier if I have Parkinson's disease?
If you have Parkinson’s disease, these tips can make staying at a motel or hotel easier:Before you g...
Do Some Parkinson's Meds Have a Timeframe Where They Stop Working?
Is There a Timeline for Dementia Related to Parkinson's?