question

Is it ok to drink apple cider and water with diabetes?

MDLIVE
MDLIVE
answer
Yes, just in small quantities since the cider has sugar (meaning 6 oz. max). Don't add any more sugar (including cinnamon which often has sugar mixed with it). Ideally, you should get cider that is sugar-free (with an artificial sweetener like Splenda).

Continue Learning about Living with Diabetes

Is it safe for me to use birth control pills if I have diabetes?
Is it safe for me to use birth control pills if I have diabetes? Birth control pills may raise your ...
How can I manage meals on an airplane if I have diabetes?
How can I manage meals on an airplane if I have diabetes? There are several tips for managing meals ...
A Beginner's Guide to Exercising With Diabetes
A Beginner's Guide to Exercising With DiabetesA Beginner's Guide to Exercising With DiabetesA Beginner's Guide to Exercising With DiabetesA Beginner's Guide to Exercising With Diabetes
Exercise is key to managing diabetes. Use these tips to get started. Regular exercise is a key component to overall health, and it's especially impor...
Living With Diabetes: 9 Ways to Change Your Health Habits
Living With Diabetes: 9 Ways to Change Your Health HabitsLiving With Diabetes: 9 Ways to Change Your Health HabitsLiving With Diabetes: 9 Ways to Change Your Health HabitsLiving With Diabetes: 9 Ways to Change Your Health Habits
Whether it's exercising more, losing weight, quitting smoking or remembering to take your medicine every day, try these tips to change your health hab...