Can I lose weight by skipping meals if I have diabetes?

Losing weight if you have diabetes means you need to pay attention to how much and how often you eat. Do not skip meals or eat so little during the day that you allow yourself to become super-hungry by nighttime. When you don't eat well-balanced meals during the day, or forgo them entirely, you'll end up so famished that you're far more likely to binge. A reliable way to keep your appetite from getting out of control is to incorporate good sources of protein into your meals. Examples include sliced turkey, chicken breast and seafood.

Continue Learning about Living with Diabetes

Your Diabetes-Friendly Shopping List
Your Diabetes-Friendly Shopping List
What can you eat when you have diabetes? A lot! Just print this diabetic food list and use it to find tons of delicious, healthy options. When you sto...
What is needed for successful diabetes management?
If you are diagnosed with diabetes, it is essential that you receive comprehensive information -- wh...
5 Ways to Protect Your Heart When You Have Diabetes
5 Ways to Protect Your Heart When You Have Diabetes5 Ways to Protect Your Heart When You Have Diabetes5 Ways to Protect Your Heart When You Have Diabetes5 Ways to Protect Your Heart When You Have Diabetes
Keep your heart healthy with these diabetes-friendly lifestyle changes.
Does Being Overweight Increase My Risk of Type 2 Diabetes?