Diabetes cannot be cured but can be controlled. Diet and exercise are two lifestyle management tools to help control blood sugar levels and to help manage diabetes. People with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can effectively manage their diabetes by following a healthy balanced diet (with a strong emphasis on carbohydrate management), exercising a minimum of 30 minutes five days per week, and carefully following their prescribed medication plan (whether oral medication/pills, injectable, or insulin). My website www.DiabetesEveryDay.com helps people with diabetes stay engaged with "self-management".
- Q Can my blood glucose rise during exercise if I have type 1 diabetes?
- Q If I have diabetes, how can I ensure that my strength training is safe?
- Q What should be the exercise program for type 1 and type 2 diabetics?
- Q How does exercise help treat diabetes?
- Q How soon should I begin exercising after my diabetes diagnosis?
- Q Do diabetics have special requirements for exercise clothing?