Diabetes cannot be cured but can be controlled. Diet and exercise are two lifestyle management tools to help control blood sugar levels and to help manage diabetes. People with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can effectively manage their diabetes by following a healthy balanced diet (with a strong emphasis on carbohydrate management), exercising a minimum of 30 minutes five days per week, and carefully following their prescribed medication plan (whether oral medication/pills, injectable, or insulin). My website www.DiabetesEveryDay.com helps people with diabetes stay engaged with "self-management".
- Q What are the benefits of joining a health club if I have diabetes?
- Q How can I find time to exercise if I have diabetes?
- Q What are the benefits of exercise for people with diabetes?
- Q What type of exercise can help improve my diabetes?
- Q What is the role of an exercise physiologist in diabetes care?
- Q What should I do if my blood sugar drops during exercise?