Diabetes cannot be cured but can be controlled. Diet and exercise are two lifestyle management tools to help control blood sugar levels and to help manage diabetes. People with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can effectively manage their diabetes by following a healthy balanced diet (with a strong emphasis on carbohydrate management), exercising a minimum of 30 minutes five days per week, and carefully following their prescribed medication plan (whether oral medication/pills, injectable, or insulin). My website www.DiabetesEveryDay.com helps people with diabetes stay engaged with "self-management".
- Q How do I encourage family exercise to help me manage my diabetes?
- Q Should a person with diabetes and low blood sugar not exercise?
- Q Can water exercise help treat diabetes?
- Q What can I do to make sure I stay active with diabetes?
- Q How can I start to get more exercise if I have diabetes?
- Q How can I be more active in my daily life if I have diabetes?