Diabetes cannot be cured but can be controlled. Diet and exercise are two lifestyle management tools to help control blood sugar levels and to help manage diabetes. People with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can effectively manage their diabetes by following a healthy balanced diet (with a strong emphasis on carbohydrate management), exercising a minimum of 30 minutes five days per week, and carefully following their prescribed medication plan (whether oral medication/pills, injectable, or insulin). My website www.DiabetesEveryDay.com helps people with diabetes stay engaged with "self-management".
- Q What are the pros and cons of jogging if I have diabetes?
- Q What can I do to make sure I stay active with diabetes?
- Q How can an exercise physiologist benefit someone with diabetes?
- Q What are the benefits of joining a health club if I have diabetes?
- Q What is the role of an exercise physiologist in diabetes care?
- Q How much aerobic exercise should I do every day if I have diabetes?