Diabetes cannot be cured but can be controlled. Diet and exercise are two lifestyle management tools to help control blood sugar levels and to help manage diabetes. People with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can effectively manage their diabetes by following a healthy balanced diet (with a strong emphasis on carbohydrate management), exercising a minimum of 30 minutes five days per week, and carefully following their prescribed medication plan (whether oral medication/pills, injectable, or insulin). My website www.DiabetesEveryDay.com helps people with diabetes stay engaged with "self-management".
- Q How does diabetes affect exercise?
- Q What are benefits of exercise if I have type 2 diabetes?
- Q What diabetes medications make hypoglycemia more likely during exercise?
- Q How can I get regular exercise if I have diabetes?
- Q What role does exercise play in diabetes treatment?
- Q How do I encourage family exercise to help me manage my diabetes?