Diabetes cannot be cured but can be controlled. Diet and exercise are two lifestyle management tools to help control blood sugar levels and to help manage diabetes. People with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can effectively manage their diabetes by following a healthy balanced diet (with a strong emphasis on carbohydrate management), exercising a minimum of 30 minutes five days per week, and carefully following their prescribed medication plan (whether oral medication/pills, injectable, or insulin). My website www.DiabetesEveryDay.com helps people with diabetes stay engaged with "self-management".
- Q How much should I exercise if I have diabetes?
- Q How do I encourage family exercise to help me manage my diabetes?
- Q How can I manage my diabetes despite changes in my exercise schedule?
- Q What are benefits of exercise if I have type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the benefits of strength training if I have diabetes?
- Q How can I start to get more exercise if I have diabetes?