Diabetes cannot be cured but can be controlled. Diet and exercise are two lifestyle management tools to help control blood sugar levels and to help manage diabetes. People with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can effectively manage their diabetes by following a healthy balanced diet (with a strong emphasis on carbohydrate management), exercising a minimum of 30 minutes five days per week, and carefully following their prescribed medication plan (whether oral medication/pills, injectable, or insulin). My website www.DiabetesEveryDay.com helps people with diabetes stay engaged with "self-management".
- Q What exercise precautions do I need to take if I have type 1 diabetes?
- Q How do I encourage family exercise to help me manage my diabetes?
- Q How can having an exercise partner help if I have diabetes?
- Q Why is it important for someone with diabetes to exercise?
- Q What are benefits of exercise if I have type 2 diabetes?
- Q What type of exercise can help improve my diabetes?