Since cure implies a return to good health and recover, it is possible to cure some liver diseases. However, some liver diseases cannot be cured although you can treat the symptoms. Liver damage based on diet, exercise, and alcohol can be well treated, and your liver may eventually recover. If, however, the conditions are too severe, your liver may fail. Some conditions are correctable by surgery. People with severe illness may receive a liver transplant that could potentially correct the problem, though recovery time may be extensive.
- Q How is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) diagnosed?
- Q How is ablative therapy used in treating liver disease?
- Q When will my doctor consider a liver transplant?
- Q How is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) treated?
- Q What is liver disease?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for liver disease?