Since cure implies a return to good health and recover, it is possible to cure some liver diseases. However, some liver diseases cannot be cured although you can treat the symptoms. Liver damage based on diet, exercise, and alcohol can be well treated, and your liver may eventually recover. If, however, the conditions are too severe, your liver may fail. Some conditions are correctable by surgery. People with severe illness may receive a liver transplant that could potentially correct the problem, though recovery time may be extensive.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with liver disease?
- Q How does the liver regenerate?
- Q What are the most common problems with the liver?
- Q Is liver disease serious?
- Q What are natural treatments for liver toxicity?
- Q What are the treatment options for liver disease?