Since cure implies a return to good health and recover, it is possible to cure some liver diseases. However, some liver diseases cannot be cured although you can treat the symptoms. Liver damage based on diet, exercise, and alcohol can be well treated, and your liver may eventually recover. If, however, the conditions are too severe, your liver may fail. Some conditions are correctable by surgery. People with severe illness may receive a liver transplant that could potentially correct the problem, though recovery time may be extensive.
- Q What is the rate of prevalence of liver disease?
- Q How do medications treat liver disease?
- Q What is liver toxicity?
- Q What are the main diseases and destructors of the liver?
- Q Can liver disease or damage be treated with stem cells?
- Q What is a hepatologist?