Since cure implies a return to good health and recover, it is possible to cure some liver diseases. However, some liver diseases cannot be cured although you can treat the symptoms. Liver damage based on diet, exercise, and alcohol can be well treated, and your liver may eventually recover. If, however, the conditions are too severe, your liver may fail. Some conditions are correctable by surgery. People with severe illness may receive a liver transplant that could potentially correct the problem, though recovery time may be extensive.
- Q What is liver toxicity?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with liver disease?
- Q What are the main diseases and destructors of the liver?
- Q What is cholestatic hepatitis?
- Q What are the treatment options for liver disease?
- Q Are primary biliary cirrhosis and primary biliary cholangitis the same?