A Answers (1)
Naturopathic medicine uses non-invasive, non-toxic therapies to strengthen the body’s ability to heal itself. When used throughout your care, naturopathic treatments can help to do the following:
- Strengthen your immune system.
- Boost your energy level.
- Support normal metabolism and digestion.
- Reduce treatment-related side effects.
- Support long-term health and wellness.
A naturopathic treatment plan should support your medical care. Your individualized plan may include any of the following naturopathic medicines:
- Nutritional supplements (e.g., vitamins)
- Botanical medicine (e.g., herbs)
- Homeopathic medicines
- Auricular acupressure
- Detoxification therapies
- Essential oils (e.g., aromatherapy inhalers or topical products)
Throughout your leukemia treatment, your naturopath should monitor your supplement and vitamin intake to ensure safety from potential drug-herb and drug-nutrient interactions.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.