If leukemia is in remission for more than five years after treatment, it is considered cured. There is no guarantee that the disease will not return, or relapse, but the five-year mark is considered a very positive sign. Treatment to prevent such a relapse may be given even if the person is considered cured.
- Q What mind-body treatments are available for leukemia?
- Q How is "watchful waiting" used to treat leukemia?
- Q What are natural treatments for leukemia?
- Q How is leukemia treated?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for leukemia?
- Q How can a chiropractor help if I have leukemia?