Can I outgrow learning disabilities when I have ADHD?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Learning disabilities are a permanent fact of life. And, whether or not you have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), you will not outgrow these disabilities. However, people of all ages can find the help and support they need to live happily. In fact, most men and women can learn to adapt to their differences. You should try to find and learn strategies to realize any goals and dreams.

Continue Learning about Learning Disabilities (LD)

Do learning disabilities run in families?
Some learning disabilities may run in families. Since some of these conditions are caused by genetic...
How prevalent are learning disabilities?
Learning disabilities are relatively common. In the United States, about 5 percent of schoolchildren...
What is developmental writing disorder?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Writing involves several brain areas and functions. The brain networks for vocabulary, grammar, hand...
What is developmental articulation disorder?
Children with this disorder may have trouble controlling their rate of speech. Or they may lag behin...