Can I outgrow learning disabilities when I have ADHD?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Learning disabilities are a permanent fact of life. And, whether or not you have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), you will not outgrow these disabilities. However, people of all ages can find the help and support they need to live happily. In fact, most men and women can learn to adapt to their differences. You should try to find and learn strategies to realize any goals and dreams.

Continue Learning about Learning Disabilities (LD)

What happens to people who have learning disabilities?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Although different from person to person, the difficulties of learning disabilities make up the comm...
What causes learning disabilities?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Learning disabilities are often inherited. In many cases, however, the cause of a learning disabilit...
What is developmental arithmetic disorder?
Arithmetic involves recognizing numbers and symbols, memorizing facts such as the multiplication tab...
Do learning disabilities run in families?
Some learning disabilities may run in families. Since some of these conditions are caused by genetic...