What do I need to know about caring for someone with kidney stones?

If you are caring for someone with kidney stones, you can support them by helping them plan meals that include appropriate foods. If they have calcium oxalate stones, for example, try to avoid spinach, sweet potatoes, and chocolate. Cook with less salt and replace animal proteins with other choices. Help them drink enough water each day to ensure they are passing enough fluid through their kidneys.

Continue Learning about Kidney Stones

Is There a Speedy Way to Pass Kidney Stones?
Kinga Ka is the world’s fastest rollercoaster, going from zero to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. That’s enough loosen your fillings, and it’s hard to imagine...
What procedures help treat kidney stones?
Kyle K. Himsl, MDKyle K. Himsl, MD
Learn about the various options for treating kidney stones, from letting a kidney stone pass on its ...
What can I drink if I am trying to prevent kidney stones?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Any fluids, fluids and more fluids. Water is cheapest, healthiest, and most abundant. Adding lemon j...
Health Benefits of Beer
Health Benefits of Beer