Is there a generic version of insulin?

At this time, there is no generic version of insulin available in the United States. Insulin is classified as a biologic medication, and under current law, generic versions of biologic medications cannot be legally made in the United States.

Continue Learning about Insulin

What You Need to Know About Insulin
What You Need to Know About Insulin
Watch Darria Long-Gillespie, SVP of Clinical Strategy with Sharecare, explain why insulin is one of the most important hormones in the human body, and...
How should I store my insulin supply?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
To make sure your insulin is working in the right way, you need to store and handle the bottles of m...
How can I accurately measure 1/2-unit doses of insulin for my young son?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
It is helpful to use low-dose (50-unit) or very-low-dose (30-unit) syringes when measuring small amo...
Dr. Julie Chen Shares Some Tips
Dr. Julie Chen Shares Some Tips