At this time, there is no generic version of insulin available in the United States. Insulin is classified as a biologic medication, and under current law, generic versions of biologic medications cannot be legally made in the United States.
- Q What should I know about insulin before taking it?
- Q What is intensive insulin therapy?
- Q What is rapid-acting insulin?
- Q What are the side effects of injecting insulin?
- Q What are the types of basal insulin for diabetes?
- Q How will my insulin need to change with intensive diabetes management?