At this time, there is no generic version of insulin available in the United States. Insulin is classified as a biologic medication, and under current law, generic versions of biologic medications cannot be legally made in the United States.
- Q What are the advantages of taking rapid-acting insulin?
- Q What are the side effects of insulin injection (regular or fast-acting)?
- Q How is basal insulin used to treat diabetes?
- Q Does my injection site affect how quickly insulin is absorbed?
- Q What is rapid-acting insulin for diabetes?
- Q Where does insulin come from?