At this time, there is no generic version of insulin available in the United States. Insulin is classified as a biologic medication, and under current law, generic versions of biologic medications cannot be legally made in the United States.
- Q What is regular insulin for diabetes?
- Q How do insulin injections work with type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- Q Why is insulin used to treat type 1 diabetes?
- Q How often should I inject insulin?
- Q What should I do in case of a insulin overdose?
- Q Why is intensive diabetes management risky for the elderly?