At this time, there is no generic version of insulin available in the United States. Insulin is classified as a biologic medication, and under current law, generic versions of biologic medications cannot be legally made in the United States.
- Q How does short-acting insulin work for treating diabetes?
- Q What can affect my body’s response to insulin?
- Q What are the disadvantages of using an insulin pump for diabetes care?
- Q What is an insulin pump?
- Q How do insulin injections work?
- Q Who should not take insulin?