At this time, there is no generic version of insulin available in the United States. Insulin is classified as a biologic medication, and under current law, generic versions of biologic medications cannot be legally made in the United States.
- Q Why can’t all people with diabetes use the same preparation of insulin?
- Q How do I know what type of insulin therapy is right for me?
- Q How will my insulin need to change with intensive diabetes management?
- Q What are the types of bolus insulin for diabetes?
- Q What heart problems would make intensive diabetes management unsafe?
- Q What is basal insulin?