At this time, there is no generic version of insulin available in the United States. Insulin is classified as a biologic medication, and under current law, generic versions of biologic medications cannot be legally made in the United States.
- Q What should I consider when traveling with insulin?
- Q How do insulin injections work with type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- Q What determines how much insulin my body needs if I have diabetes?
- Q How do insulin pumps work?
- Q Can someone using insulin drive commercial vehicles on intrastate routes?
- Q What do I need to know after being prescribed insulin?