At this time, there is no generic version of insulin available in the United States. Insulin is classified as a biologic medication, and under current law, generic versions of biologic medications cannot be legally made in the United States.
- Q What skin problems occur at insulin injection sites?
- Q What factors determine if I should use insulin to manage my diabetes?
- Q What time do people with type 2 diabetes typically take their insulin?
- Q How can I help prevent weight gain caused by insulin?
- Q How does short-acting insulin work for treating diabetes?
- Q What are the most effective sites for injecting insulin?