What are examples of abrasions?

A scraped knee is an example of an abrasion. Other examples include road rash, raspberries, strawberries, and injuries such as a cheese grater or sandpaper could create. (This answer provided for NATA by the Weber State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Injuries, Wound and Trauma

News: Brain Injuries, Concussions Linked to Doubled Suicide Risk
A history of damage to the brain from trauma—such as from blows to the head—has been tied to increased risk for self-harm and suicide. Now, new findin...
What could happen if I get hit in the sternum?
What could happen if I get hit in the sternum? A direct blow to the sternum may result in a heart co...
How do I know if my wound is infected?
How do I know if my wound is infected? If your wound is infected, you may have high or low body temp...
What are signs of a head, neck, or spinal injury?
What are signs of a head, neck, or spinal injury? Some signs of head or spinal injury include blood ...