How can others help me avoid infection in the hospital?

Your family and friends can play a part in keeping you safe from infection while you are in the hospital.
  • Wash their hands frequently when they are at the hospital.
  • Help health care staff and visitors remember to wash their hands and objects that may come in contact with you (cell phones, laptops, stethoscopes, etc).
  • Stay home if they have are sick or have an open sore. Though they will want to visit you, they should consider refraining for your safety and the safety of other patients. 

Continue Learning about Infectious Disease

Proper Hygiene Tips to Keep Your Family Disease-Free
Q: Our local paper published an alert that hand, mouth, and foot disease is on the rise and I don’t even know what it is. My kids are off to school an...
What does it mean that my child has a secondary infection?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
In some cases, bacterial infections in children may be the result of secondary infection, meaning th...
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
These blasts from the past continue to make people sick.
Stopping Malaria
Stopping Malaria