Does smoking negatively impact my sense of smell?

Yes, very much so!  In fact, many smokers who quit are surprised by how much more noticeable odors are (good and bad), and how much better food tastes (taste is greatly influenced by smell).
Studies show that smokers lose some of their ability to smell. That can make life a lot less pleasurable. If you lose your sense of smell, you can't appreciate the scent of spring flowers or an ocean breeze. Eating becomes a lot less rewarding too, since aroma contributes a great deal to the flavor of food. Life could even become more dangerous, since you may be less able to detect the odor of a gas leak or a house fire. There is some good news, however: Quit smoking and your sense of smell quickly returns.
Smoking irritates the nasal passages, often causing inflammation that affects a person’s sense of smell. Smokers of cigarettes containing menthol may also find it affects their sense of smell.
You betcha. That is why many smokers are thin. They cannot taste or smell anything so food does not taste good.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

How many tobacco-related deaths occur each year in the United States?
Cigarette smoking kills almost a half a million people every year in the U.S. alone, primarily f...
Does smoking increase my risk of having a stroke?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
The risk of ischemic stroke is twice as high for smokers as for nonsmokers, and smoking quadruples t...
How Does Smoking Affect My Asthma?
How Does Smoking Affect My Asthma?
Under 40? Here's Another Reason to Quit Smoking Now