How does smoking produce free radicals in the body?

One of the things that make smoking so dangerous is that many of the components of tobacco smoke are oxidants -- agents that promote chemical reactions with oxygen. Therefore, they also increase the by-products of such reactions, which are known as free radicals. Free radicals are temporarily unstable atoms or molecules (they have extra or unpaired electrons) that react with other atoms or molecules to produce another unstable molecule.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

How does smoking impact my voice?
Kenneth Altman, MDKenneth Altman, MD
Everything you inhale passes right across the vocal cords. The vocal cords, (whose easy vibration cr...
Does smoking negatively impact my vision?
Smoking does not directly impact your vision, but due to the negative affects it has on circulat...
How Does Smoking Affect My Skin Health?
How Does Smoking Affect My Skin Health?
How Does Smoking Affect Women's Risk of Heart Disease?