The raisin and gin (we were unable to locate a vodka and raisin protocol) cure is purported to reduce inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis. Gin contains juniper berries, which give gin its flavor. They contain terpenes which have been used in alternative medicine to treat everything from cancer to high blood pressure. Does it work? There is no hard, scientific evidence that gin-soaked golden raisins reduce the inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis. That said, the gin alone might ease the pain.
- Q What herbal remedies are used to treat indigestion?
- Q What is a home remedy for stomach aches?
- Q How many cherries do I need to eat to treat arthritis symptoms?
- Q How might wet socks help treat a fever?
- Q What is a natural treatment option for cough in a child?
- Q What is the cure for a hangover?