How can I reduce my risk for HIV and AIDS?

You can reduce your risk of infection or transmitting the virus to others by using protection during sexual intercourse, oral sex and anal sex. Additionally, regularly testing yourself for HIV, practicing abstinence, remaining faithful to your spouse or partner and consistently using male latex or female polyurethane condoms will also reduce risk of infection. Finally, do not share needles/syringes.

Continue Learning about HIV and AIDS

Can You Switch HIV Treatments?
Can You Switch HIV Treatments?
HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is a chronic but manageable condition—while there is no cure for an HIV infection, there are medications that can s...
What is PrEP?
PrEP stands for pre-exposure prophylaxis. It consists of a low-dose of antiretroviral medication. An...
What is the ABC approach to HIV prevention?
One approach to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention that is gaining support is called the ...
How Can People Empower Themselves in Their Own HIV Care?