An Amyand's hernia is a rare type of inguinal hernia. When symptoms occur they are similar to strangulation hernia symptoms and require immediate medical attention. Symptoms include sudden, severe pain that grows worse within a short period of time, fever, nausea, vomiting, intense tenderness and/or redness in and around the hernia bulge.
- Q How do other illnesses affect Amyand's hernias?
- Q Do Amyand's hernias affect children differently than adults?
- Q How is an Amyand's hernia diagnosed?
- Q Is there a cure for Amyand's hernias?
- Q Are Amyand's hernias more common in men or women?
- Q How common are Amyand's hernias?