How do I manage my Velpeau hernia on a daily basis?

To manage your Velpeau hernia symptoms prior to surgery, avoid activities that place pressure on the abdomen such a heavy lifting or frequent bending. Eat healthy meals that are rich in fiber-rich foods to prevent constipation. Maintain a healthy weight to avoid abdominal pressure from excess body weight. Talk to your friends and family about your concerns and symptoms. And, remember to talk to your doctor about any pre- and post-operative instructions.

Continue Learning about Hernia

Got Groin Pain or Swelling? Don’t Ignore It
Do you notice a bulge or have dull pain below the belt? You may assume that you have a pulled muscle, but your symptoms could signal a more serious pr...
What are the symptoms of a hernia?
TriStar Greenview Regional HospitalTriStar Greenview Regional Hospital
Most of the time, hernia symptoms are either masses that people can feel, new knots or bulges that t...
Can lifting heavy things affect my risk for a hernia?
TriStar StoneCrest Medical CenterTriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
It is possible that heavy lifting can cause a hernia. Heavy lifting can cause trauma or strain to th...
What Is a Hernia?
What Is a Hernia?