What is the treatment for a groin hernia?

Marc M. Zare, MD
Bariatric Medicine
Groin hernia treatment is traditionally an open surgery. In this video Marc Zare, MD, a bariatric surgeon at Good Samaritan Hospital, discusses a minimally invasive approach that causes less pain and has a quicker recovery time. 

Continue Learning about Hernia Treatment

Can robotic surgery be used to treat hernias?
Kendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East FloridaKendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East Florida
There are absolutely options for robot assisted hernia surgery. In my own practice, I do both ventra...
When can a hernia belt be used to treat a hernia?
After your hernia diagnosis and with the approval of your doctor, you may be able to use a hernia tr...
How does a truss lead to incarcerated or strangulated hernias?
An incarcerated hernia is a hernia that becomes trapped outside the abdomen wall, unable to slide ba...
How long will it take me to recover from hernia surgery?
Good Samaritan HospitalGood Samaritan Hospital
Traditional hernia surgery recovery is one week with pain medications and four to six weeks of no he...