What kind of doctor should I see about my hemorrhoids?

If you're having some of the characteristic symptoms of hemorrhoids - swelling, bleeding, or pain - you may want to visit your regular doctor first. Often, hemorrhoids are mild and can be treated with certain lifestyle changes. If your doctor sees indications of a more complicated case of hemorrhoids or a more serious condition, they may refer you to a specialist like a gastroenterologist or a colon and rectal surgeon.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoids

How to Treat—and Prevent—Hemorrhoids
How to Treat—and Prevent—Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids. Not a popular topic, unless you’re desperate for a way to get rid of them. How can you find relief from painful, itchy hemorrhoids that c...
What are hemorrhoids?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Hemorrhoids are a vascular network that go around the anus. There are two networks of hemmorhoids: i...
What is the difference between external and internal hemorrhoids?
Jill E. Waldron, MDJill E. Waldron, MD
External hemorrhoids are on the outside of the anus, while internal ones are further inside the anal...
Tips to Prevent Painful Hemorrhoids
Tips to Prevent Painful Hemorrhoids