How is a hemorrhoid with a blood clot treated?

In some hemorrhoids that develop around your anus, blood can collect and form clots. Intense pain is often the result. Warm baths, witch hazel compresses, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can be used to relieve the pain. The clots will usually go away on their own in 4 to 6 weeks. If the pain is too severe to wait, however, your doctor can make simple incisions to get rid of the clots.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoid Treatment

Why does pregnancy increase my chances of getting hemorrhoids?
If you're pregnant, you're more likely to develop hemorrhoids. This happens because your fetus can p...
What is rubber band ligation for hemorrhoid removal?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
The rubber band procedure strangles the hemorrhoid tissue so it will fall off. This procedure is use...
Can hemorrhoids go away on their own?
In many cases, your hemorrhoids will go away on their own - often within just a few days. Simple lif...
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?