How do I manage my hematologic cancer on a daily basis?

How you manage your hematologic cancer on a daily basis depends to a large extent on the type of cancer, how much the cancer has spread, and the therapy that you have received. You should be aware of the possibility of feeling weak or tired and take advantage of rest periods when possible. You may also be more susceptible to developing infections, so should avoid contact with people who may be contagious. You may also have an increased risk of bruising or bleeding, so should avoid activities where you might fall or get hit. Take advantage of any support that family, friends, or support groups can provide. These supports are important to help you deal with problems that many people with cancer experience, such as lack of adequate knowledge about your disease and treatment, lack of transportation to your medical appointments, or feelings of depression.

Continue Learning about Hematologic/Blood Cancers

What You Need to Know About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is cancer that affects the body's plasma cells, a type of white blood cell. Watch this video to learn the risks, symptoms and treatme...
Staying Fit During Multiple Myeloma Remission
Exercise brings with it many benefits that are helpful for people with multiple myeloma or in remission. At the top of that list: Exercise's ability t...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with hematologic cancer?
Caring for people with hematologic cancer involves helping them deal with the effects of the cancer ...
How does stem cell transplantation treat hematologic cancer?
Stem cell transplantation does not usually directly treat hematologic cancer. Its main use in hemato...