Should I talk to my doctor about my coronary heart disease symptoms?

Coronary heart disease is a serious condition that can lead to heart attack and heart failure. But because coronary heart disease can occur slowly as arteries harden over time, symptoms may not be visible in early stages. It is important to see your doctor regularly for a check-up, and monitor risk factors like cholesterol and blood pressure levels. If you have difficulty breathing or feel a pain in your chest, talk to your doctor right away, even if the symptoms pass. Early intervention is critical to successfully managing the disease and preventing a heart attack.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

What Fainting Says About Your Heart
What Fainting Says About Your Heart
Odds are, you know someone who has fainted—or maybe you’ve passed out yourself. Often referred to by its medical name, syncope, fainting is a loss of ...
What should I ask the doctor about my child's Kawasaki Disease symptoms?
If you suspect Kawasaki disease, there are some specific questions that you should ask the doctor ab...
What is bendopnea?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
Bendopnea is shortness of breath associated with bending over and has become a telltale symptom of c...
What Is the Best Way to Prevent Heart Disease?