Should I talk to my doctor about my coronary heart disease symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Coronary heart disease is a serious condition that can lead to heart attack and heart failure. But because coronary heart disease can occur slowly as arteries harden over time, symptoms may not be visible in early stages. It is important to see your doctor regularly for a check-up, and monitor risk factors like cholesterol and blood pressure levels. If you have difficulty breathing or feel a pain in your chest, talk to your doctor right away, even if the symptoms pass. Early intervention is critical to successfully managing the disease and preventing a heart attack.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

Ask the Experts: Heart Disease Symptoms
Ask the Experts: Heart Disease Symptoms
Heart disease is the leading killer of Americans, but it can be prevented. The first step in prevention is knowing the signs. In the video, Robin Mill...
What Is the Best Way to Prevent Heart Disease?
How Is Cardiovascular Disease Different in Men and Women?
What Causes Atherosclerosis?
What Causes Atherosclerosis?