Healthy Teeth & Mouth

Why should I use natural toothpaste and mouthwash for good oral health?

• A , Dentist, answered
    Eliminate harsh, detergent-based toothpastes and alcohol-based mouthwashes which have been shown to disturb and denature the natural ecology and important bacteria that live in the mouth. GO NATURAL and gentle. One of my favorite natural secret weapons for oral health is neem bark products. The twigs were traditionally used for tooth-brushing in India and Asia. Neem bark (also a powder or oil) has polysaccharides in it that have been found to have pH-balancing, anti-inflammatory and even anti-cancer properties.
  • A answered
    Some people feel that natural toothpaste and mouthwash are better for oral health because they may not contain artificial flavors, dyes, sweeteners, or preservatives. Natural toothpastes and mouthwashes come with or without fluoride. Health organizations like the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommend using fluoride in toothpaste to help prevent cavities. The ADA provides a certification seal for toothpastes and mouthwashes that meet their standards for safety and effectiveness, so that is one thing to consider when shopping for oral care products. Some natural care toothpastes and mouthwashes carry the ADA seal.
How can I prevent damage to my teeth?