How can a healthy smile affect my self confidence?

A bright, white smile helps you show the world you are confident and care about your oral health. No one knows more about your oral health than your dentist and dental team. If your goal is to improve your smile by making your teeth whiter and brighter, your dentist can help you pick the best treatment option for you. If you are self conscious because your teeth are crooked or because you are missing your teeth, your dentist can discuss what options are available for that too.

Always remember to brush your teeth twice a day, floss between teeth once a day, and eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks. This will help ensure a beautiful smile for a lifetime!

Watch as Dr. Maria Lopez Howell explains how a healthy smile can make you feel good inside and out.
When you are self-confident, feel good about yourself, and are happy, you probably want to smile. If you have a healthy smile, you won't be embarrassed to show those pearly whites and your confidence. But if your teeth are stained, crooked, chipped, or dirty, you might feel like keeping your mouth closed. That doesn’t show the world you feel good about yourself, and it might even make you feel bad inside.

So how do you get a healthy smile and show your self-confidence? Brush your teeth twice a day, floss each day, and see your dentist for regular check-ups. A dentist can check for and treat cavities and other dental health problems. A dentist can also do cosmetic dental work to improve the appearance of your teeth, such as whitening your teeth or making them look more even in size. If your teeth are crooked or there are gaps between them, a dentist can recommend an orthodontist who can help. When your teeth look good, that can show in your self-confidence.

An attractive smile can bring self-confidence and a greater quality of life. In this video, Dr. Oz welcomes Dr. Gerry Curatola, who reveals a natural remedy that can keep the mouth healthy.

Continue Learning about Healthy Teeth & Mouth

How do my teeth - and my smile - change as I age?
The older you get, the more prone you are to tooth and gum problems that can affect your smile. Gum ...
What drugs can be detected in saliva?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
A number of drugs can be detected in saliva. Saliva evaluation technology is currently used to t...
How Can a Healthy Smile Affect My Self Confidence?
What Your Tongue Says About Your Oral Health