How can I detox my mouth from too much acid?

Jonathan B. Levine, DMD
Prosthodontics
If your mouth’s sugared up and overly acidified, a short-term detox can be really helpful -- and really healthful. Just a few days of eating only alkalinizing food will help readjust the pH balance in there.
Smile!: The Ultimate Guide to Achieving Smile Beauty

Renowned dentist and creator of the GoSMILE product line Dr. Levine offers this complete guide to getting a whiter, brighter smile. 15 photos & illustrations.
Some research indicates that a diet emphasizing acidic foods and drinks -- such as acidic fruit and fruit juices, soft drinks, pickles, and yogurt -- may contribute to the erosion of tooth enamel. To detox your mouth from too much acid, rinse away the acid by chewing sugar-free gum to stimulate saliva flow or rinsing with water for 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Healthy Oral Hygiene

To Floss or Not to Floss?
To Floss or Not to Floss?
W.C. Fields once said, “Horse sense is the thing a horse has, which keeps it from betting on people.” For some reason that came to mind when we read n...
How often should tongue cleaning be performed?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The ADA recommends brushing your teeth twice daily for two minutes each. During this process, you sh...
How can I freshen my breath after eating garlic?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
Eating fresh garlic is a wonderful health habit that can help to strengthen your immune system, but ...
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?