How do lifestyle choices affect weight?

Marisa Moore

Lifestyle choices make a big difference in your ability to manage your weight. While it may seem trivial, taking the stairs over the elevator helps tone your thighs and burns more calories. If your job is sedentary, you burn fewer calories than those who are on their feet all day. Maintaining a stressful lifestyle full of long days at work in front of a computer screen, burgers and fries for dinner, no exercise and poor sleep habits can lead to difficulty managing your weight and an increased risk for chronic diseases. All of these seemingly little things add up to significant differences in mind and body at the end of the year.

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

How often should I wash my hands if cold and flu season is over?
How often should I wash my hands if cold and flu season is over? If cold and flu season has ended, y...
Is it bad for my health to eat lunch at my computer?
Watch the video to learn from Dr. Robin Miller if it is bad for your health to eat lunch at your com...
Why is it important to be thankful?
Why is it important to be thankful? If you keep a gratitude journal, you're also likely to exercise ...
60 Seconds To Better Health
60 Seconds To Better Health60 Seconds To Better Health60 Seconds To Better Health60 Seconds To Better Health
Got a minute? Lengthen your life and relieve stress in just 60 seconds. Looking to make healthy changes, but short on time? In just 60 seconds each da...