How do busy lifestyles affect our well-being?

Busy lifestyles can have a negative effect on our well-being. Juggling a family and a career, while still finding time for social activities and personal time, often means all but the most important things get pushed aside. Hectic schedules can lead to minor inconveniences, such as missed meals, or more serious issues such as stress and fatigue. All these things can have a negative impact on women’s health. Additionally, health screenings such as mammograms and Pap smears often become less of a priority when our to-do list becomes unmanageable.

Research shows more women feel they are too busy with work or family commitments to see their doctor, even when they are not feeling well. It's important for women to take care of themselves first in order to be the best person possible for the people in their life.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine Specialist

The single greatest threat to our lives is not the terrorists putting poison in the water, or the pollution in the air: The greatest threat to our lives and our well-being is our lifestyle. Ask people how they are doing these days, and the first word you will hear is "busy." Probe deeper, and soon you may see frustration as they say, "exhausted." We do more, go more and buy more. Our gas tanks are full, our bank accounts are full and our closets are full, but we are running on empty. Surveys say we don't get enough sleep, we eat more meals on the run than at home, we take too many pills and, worst of all, we don't spend enough time with our children and the people we love.

A Life in Balance: Nourishing the Four Roots of True Happiness

Nautilus Book Awards Winners for 2007 (category: Self-Help/Psychology/ Personal Growth) "Like many people, Kathleen Hall found that despite great success and material wealth, she had yet to identify...

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

Is Too Much Tech Making You Sick?
Is Too Much Tech Making You Sick?
It seems smart phones and social media have become not only ubiquitous, but also indispensable. Being constantly plugged in to your personal tech may ...
How can I take advantage of a long life without living in a blue zone?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Experts would advise you to develop many of the habits that people in blue zones seem to possess. Fo...
6 Healthy Life Hacks
6 Healthy Life Hacks6 Healthy Life Hacks6 Healthy Life Hacks6 Healthy Life Hacks
Just because you’re pressed for time, doesn’t mean your health has to suffer. Here are some tips and tricks to make being healthy easier.
What Can I Do to Positively Change My Health Destiny?