Why should preschoolers eat snacks?

Preschoolers are, of course, much smaller than adults, but pound for pound their total calorie needs are comparable. Young children’s stomachs are not large enough to get enough calories from only three meals a day. They’re like cars with small gas tanks. They need refueling throughout the day.
Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight for Kids and Teens

In a world of fast food, supersized sodas, and televised temptations, this guide shows how to buck the obesity trend currently in the national spotlight—and have fun doing it. Using a family...

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
When Eddie (John C. Reilly) from the animated hit film Sing croons, “Can I get a Happy Meal with big nuggets?” and Johnny (Taron Egerton) the gorilla ...
What should I do if my child drinks coffee?
Jodie ShieldJodie Shield
To help your child or teen make healthy choices, review these Think Before Your Drink tips regar...
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
Avoid lunch-making stress with these simple ideas. For many parents, the most challenging thing about school isn’t picking up the kids from soccer pra...
What Are Some Healthy Snacks That Kids Will Love?